12 feb. 2010

Sickbay

Yikes, we have a sickbay around here this week. On sundaynight Tristan run a fever, on monday Etienne stayed home with him. On wednesdaynight Camiel also got a fever and he is still not feeling well now. So he got to miss the carnavalcelebration on school today, too bad because he really wanted to dress up this year and he normally just hates that. And today it's my turn to stay home and feel really bad. Muscleaces, running noses amd so on, you got the picture.
So the only thing I could do after I had been sleeping too long and had been laying too long in bed was surfing the net. So I could as wel post a blog.

I'm really longing for spring, no more snow please.

So now back to scrapping. I finally got to put some LO's into albums, still not finished. I got the kids LO's done and now the rest, still thinking about who to organise them. I use American Crafts D-ring album , really easy to work with especially when you want to add another page in between. What do you use?

I have been doing the sunday sketch challenges on the Studio Calico blog, love them, just a challenge to think outside the box and they draw a random winner (or 2) who wins a 5$ certificate for the shop, if you like to join.

Here are some LO's:
ZIEK (Sick): A few moths ago when CAmiel was also ill and was missing out on his 1st swimming lesson which he was so looking forward to. I made this background myself by drawing and cutting circles of cardstock. Just you: I found this little poem who was fitting this picture of Etienne very well. This was for a SC sketch. I love the colors on this 1. Lego fantasie: Another SC sketch challenge LO, I flipped the sketch. I love the 'white space' here something I have a 'problem' with usually.Details: This was for a CHA challenge at SC, lift a LO from you favs. I lifted a LO of Kimmi see link. I love the popped circles of the same pp and all the strips of paper. The yellow pp has flocked circles, so pretty. Picture of a window at my parents house in France (in the shed). Ok it's not good to have such a big crack in the wall, but I just love this image.
I was inspired by Lisa Truesdell's amazing LO 1 2 3, (I also love her misting and sewing the heart) But I used the strips of paper, love all these colors together, not very snowy but it fits the picture ;)Me & you & you: I really feeled like using a lot of colors on this LO, the picture is at a kite festival of me and my 2 little boys. With this 1 I just went with the flow, trew some things (also fabric) on the paper and didn't think too much, also long as it was colorful. Kind of nice for a change, iso moving papers for hours which I usually can do.
Seriously: This picture cracks me up. he was so tense standing in front of Sinterklaas talking to him ;) Also used a SC sketch for this 1 (last sunday you can still enter if you like) Made the flowers out of punched circles (Marta Stewart).
That was my last LO, I'm already busy with a new one, but first I have to feel better.
See you soon,
Hugs
Astrid

4 opmerkingen:

M@risk@ zei

Goh, dat is een tijd geleden dat ik hier een kijkje genomen heb. Wat is je jongste mannetje al weer groot. Gave layouts heb je gemaakt Astrid.

marjan zei

Hallo...ik kom hier binnenvallen via het Scrapdelightforum,was nieuwschierig ;)
Maar ik ben blij dat ik dat deed...wat een mooie lootjes maak jij !!
Super mooie kleurtjes ,lekker vrolijk allemaal :):):)

Marit zei

Ik had er al een paar gezien op SIS, maar ook een deel niet... en wowzah! Wat een mooie zitten er weer tussen!!! Dat raampje in Frankrijk... ooohhh, dat zijn nou dingen waar ik ook zo van kan genieten! Ik heb trouwens ook nog geel "flocked" (noppen) papier liggen.. je inspireert me om dat maar eens te gaan gebruiken! Wordt snel beter Astrid!

D@nielle zei

mooie lo's weer, het is maar goed dat het weer meer richting lente gaat dan zijn we allemaal zo weer in balans ... Beterschap !